D.C. Act 24-677. DC Nursing Education Enhancement Program Emergency Amendment Act of 2022.
To amend, on an emergency basis, the DC Nurse Education Enhancement Program Amendment Act of 2021 to allow the University of the District of Columbia to provide nursing students pursuing a Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree through its Community College with a monthly stipend for living expenses and transportation.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "DC Nursing Education Enhancement Program Emergency Amendment Act of 2022".
Sec. 2. The DC Nurse Education Enhancement Program Amendment Act of 2021, effective November 13, 2021 (D.C. Law 24-45; D.C. Official Code § 32-1693.01 et seq.), is amended as follows:
(a) Section 4113 (D.C. Official Code § 32-1693.02) is amended as follows:
(1) Subsection (a) is amended by striking the phrase ", the University of the District of Columbia Foundation, Inc., and" and inserting the word "and" in its place.
(2) Subsection (b)(3) is amended to read as follows:
"(3) A monthly stipend to be used toward living expenses and transportation for Program participants pursuing:
"(A) WDLL courses;
"(B) Certification as a CNA, HHA, MA-C, or a CNA to HHA bridge program, through a community training provider; or
"(C) An LPN to AASN degree through UDC-CC.".
(b) Section 4116 (D.C. Official Code § 32-1693.05) is amended as follows:
(1) Subsection (a) is amended by striking the phrase "Memoranda of Understanding ("MOUs") with the University and the University of the District of Columbia Foundation, Inc. ("Foundation")" and inserting the phrase "a Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") with the University" in its place.
(2) Subsection (b) is amended by adding a new paragraph (1A) to read as follows:
"(1A) Stipends for living expenses to program participants who are enrolled at UDC-CC or pursuing WDLL courses , which may include amounts for:
"(A) Fees associated with occupational licensing exams;
"(B) Reasonable transportation costs to and from classes; or
"(C) Any other expenses considered appropriate by the WIC;".
(3) Subsection (c) is repealed.
Sec. 3. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement of the Budget Director as the fiscal impact statement required by section 4a of the General Legislative Procedures Act of 1975, approved October 16, 2006 (120 Stat. 2038; D.C. Official Code § 1-301.47a).
Sec. 4. Effective date.
This act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of a veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), and shall remain in effect for no longer than 90 days, as provided for emergency acts of the Council of the District of Columbia in section 412(a) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (97 Stat. 788; D.C. Official Code § 1-204.12(a)).